Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Selling Books


As a resolution for the new year, I will seriously undertake my bookselling project to make money. I am in a quandary for sometime checking out viable ways to augment my shrinking beer money and other shites. For the past year, my cousin Ian and my friends were the sole reason why the magic liquid continues to flow in my veins.

I however still do not know how to market the books stuck in my house. I think I have a fairly good titles and authors that are good for book collectors and private libraries. For starters, I have brand new copies of Hermann Hesse's Siddharta and I am selling it for P180 each. It is priced low compared to the bookstore chains' P259 price.

It is one book that I really want to sell and share because of its buddha story and how it was written. A timeless classic that readers will enjoy. No shit. You will enjoy it or else you are a stupid motherfucker. Buy it so I can also enjoy my beer.
I am also selling Thich Naht Hanh's Being Peace for P120 each. The famous Vietnamese Zen Master who talks of zen and meditation in simple and practical ways. Ken Wilber' Up from Eden is up for P280. I hope I can post all the titles and the prices but the upload is just so slow.
I have to think of a way. A facebook account for the books maybe? Ive tried Multiply but it is just not feasible for me to maintain. Laos na ata yun. Hohum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails