Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mitch Album

it was my cousin Marissa who just arrived for a vacation from Australia where she now resides who woke me from my blogging stupor as she proudly showed a picture of her with her god Mitch Albom of the Tuesdays with Morrie book fame, heard of him? She said she frequent bookstores in Brisbane to check out if they have sale items (new books in OZ cost roughly a thousand or more Philippine pesos) that she can purchase for more than 80 percent off just because the front cover is not perfect, or has a dent or a cut or whatever shit to lower the cost.

Anyway, I actually just read Mitch Albom's "For Another Day" and did not exactly enjoy it for some unknown reason. I liked Tuesdays with Morrie and even gave it as a gift to one of my cousin on her 18th birthday years ago. but "For one more Day" somehow disappointed me. It is about an over the hill baseball player who lost his marbles along the way when his mother died and got estranged with his wife and daughter due to his alcoholism. He tried killing himself, the suicide course to escape, but ended up alive and talking to his dead mother. It was a ghost story, Albom said, and I thought that we really do have ghosts to purge and heal somewhere in our lives. Plus the ghosts my sons occasionally see when they are in the mood for ghost hunting and stories and shit.

I have to admit it is heartwarming. It is touching, Not necessarily life touching, but a good read altogether to start up my reading groove again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails